[bksvol-discuss] children's books from India

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:34:42 -0800 (PST)

For those of you, especially with children, who are
interested in learning or having them learn something
about India's customs or culture, may I suggest some
of the Worth submitted books? Five books that sound as
if they're for children have been added to the
collection today, and more have been added in the
past. I don't know how you'd find all of them, though.
I tried putting Worth in advanced search and got
individual listings. There is a series about a girl
named Chuskit (in the title);and some myths and books
about gods and The Wheel of King Asoka. Not all Worth
submissions are about India, and not all that are are
for children; one would have to go by the author's
name, which does appear, to see if it's worthwhile
clicking on the item.

I mention this because as a child I learned a bit
about Chinese customs from Pearl Buck's books for
children (and about tsunamis), and from Kipling's Riki
Tiki Tavi.

Cindy Ro

AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm