[bksvol-discuss] chexking out a book

  • From: KGnfOnWheels@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:27:54 -0500 (EST)

I've been getting browser errors for about a week.    Finally for through
on Thursday.  Don't think I could get through  again.

In a message dated 2/12/2011 12:19:35 A.M. Central Standard Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

bksvol-discuss Digest    Fri, 11 Feb 2011     Volume: 08  Issue: 043

In This Issue:
[bksvol-discuss] looking for Anastasia S.
[bksvol-discuss] Question About Checking In A Book
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question About Checking In A Book
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question About Checking In A  Book
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question About  Checking In A Book
[bksvol-discuss] Wish list  request: Goining to the Dogs
[bksvol-discuss]  Next Meeting of the Science Fiction Club, T
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish list request: Goining to the  Dogs

From:  gail johnson <mama-gail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss]  looking for Anastasia S.
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 06:05:57  -0500

Hi,

I'm working on:

7th Heaven  Secrets Based on the hit TV Series created by Brenda Hampton
By Amanda  Christie

This is a Random House book.

I have some  questions.

If anyone knows her please have her contact me off  list.

--
Email services provided by the System Access Mobile  Network.  Visit
www.serotek.com to learn more about accessibility  anywhere.

------------------------------

From: "Susan"  <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Question About  Checking In A Book
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:10:03 -0600

Has anyone  had any difficulty checking in a book today? I just tried and
got
a server  error?  Thanks.
Susan

------------------------------

Date:  Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:28:52 -0800 (PST)
From: jlc  <whoschu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Question About  Checking In A Book

I had trouble yesterday, but I waited about half an  hour and it worked
fine.
Julie

________________________________

From:  "Susan" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:35:31  -0600

Will do! Thanks.

Susan

------------------------------

From:  "robert tweedy" <roberttweedy@xxxxxxx>
Question About Checking In A BookI did six today with no  problems.

----
From: "Shelley L. Rhodes"  <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Wish list  request: Goining to the Dogs
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:09:01  -0500

Book wish
Going to the Dogs - Confessions of a Mobile Pet  Groomer by Jan Nieman
Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black  Labrador Guide Dog.

Diamonds may be a woman's best friend, but a dog is  mine.

------------------------------

From: "Evan Reese"  <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Next Meeting of  the Science Fiction Club,
Thursday, M
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:35:41  -0500

Hi Folks,
We had another good turnout at the meeting last  night, with most of us
liking our book Steal Across the Sky by Nancy Kress,  but none of us without
reservations.

Our next meeting will be on  Thursday, March 10, 2011.

Place: Book Nook  at

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

Time:  9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, and 02:00
UTC.

This month we've chosen to read Eon by Greg Bear, available from  both
Bookshare, and as a digital download from BARD.

The Bookshare  version is at:

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/2345

and the  BARD version is at:

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.24498

Here is  the NLS synopsis:

The Stone, a huge object that is part spaceship, part  asteroid, appears
mysteriously in orbit around the Earth. Earthmen who  undertake the
exploration of the Stone learn that it holds the key to the  survival of the
Earth,
which is on the brink of a nuclear war.

Here's a  somewhat longer description from Amazon:

The 21st century was on the  brink of nuclear confrontation when the 300
kilometer-long stone flashed out  of nothingness and into Earth's orbit. NASA,
NATO, and the UN sent explorers  to the asteroid's surface ... and
discovered marvels and mysteries to drive  researchers mad. For the Stone was
from
space--but perhaps not our space; it  came from the future--but
perhaps not our future; and within the hollowed  asteroid was Thistledown.
The remains of a vanished civilization. A  human--English, Russian, and
Chinese-speaking--civilization. Seven vast  chambers containing
forests, lakes, rivers, hanging cities... And museums  describing the
Death; the catastrophic war that was about to occur; the horror  and the long
winter that would follow. But while scientists and politicians  bickered about
how to use the information to stop the Death, the Stone yielded  a secret
that made even Earth's survival pale into insignificance.

Few  authors have done Sense of Wonder as well as Greg Bear, so check this
one out,  and join us next month to talk about  it.

Evan

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 12  Feb 2011 00:21:01 -0500
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish list request:  Goining to the Dogs
From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT"  <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>

None of my libraries has it.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: A Crazy Little Thing Called  Death by Nancy Martin
Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3  hours:

See  everything I've read this year at:  www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html

End  of bksvol-discuss Digest V8  #43