[bksvol-discuss] Re: checking the progress of a couple of books

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 13:11:38 -0800 (PST)

Jamie, I am sorry to say that I cannot get Don't Call Me Katie Rose. My library
system lists it as an owned book, but when I went yesterday to get it, I
couldn't find it. I went back today when I had more time, and the most
unhelpful and uncaring librarian I have ever met stated that the library did
NOT own it and she didn't know why it would be listed as being owned and that I
would just have to "pick another book". I asked if there was a way to request
it. I can't request it through interlibrary loan myself because my library is
listed as owning it, so they don't allow that. She said absolutely not. There
are libraries in Michigan that do own it that I could have borrowed it from,
except the state system thinks my library system owns it, so they won't let me
request it from another library. I asked could I try next week, and see if
she's managed to get the library listing removed and she said she can't do
that. She reiterated that I would just have to
 "pick another book".

So I have no way to borrow the book, afterall, sorry.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Rena's Promise by Rena Kornreich Gelissen
My new website: http://www.michrxtech.com/books.html

Print postage from your PC. Try Stamps.com today!

From: Jamie Prater <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] checking the progress of a couple of books
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 2:35 PM

Hi, all, I'm wondering if work to get Return from Witch Mountain and Don't Call
me Katie Rose are still in the process of being scanned?  They were on the list
back in the summer.  I wasn't receiving mail on this list for a while, so if
anybody mentioned these books, I didn't hear.  They are both books I want to
read and they are by Alexander Key and Lenora Mattingly Weber.  Thanks for any
news of these and have a blessed day.