[bksvol-discuss] Re: checking out books starting with btc

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 05:43:34 -0700

Hi Sherry,

You are probably doing nothing wrong. Sometimes there is a lag between
submitting books at our end and seeing them registered on the server. I suspect
if you check again you will see some. (Be sure to sort by title so they all
group together.) Sometimes, more often lately, there has been more proofreading
and fewer scanners so less books to choose from. Tomorrow we test a new tool
that promises to make it easier to speed up the process of adding books that
are scanned in-house at Bookshare.

By the way, the prefix "BTC" is our in-house code for books that have been run
through our new batch file pre-conversion process in order to standardize what
you find on the Checkout List by eliminating some common "scannos."

Scott Rains