[bksvol-discuss] Re: chat

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 23:58:52 -0600

Hi Chela!

Thanks for telling us how to play the game.  I was unfamiliar with it.

Debby

At 04:21 PM 1/24/2010, Chela Robles wrote
If you guys want to play this game I have the instructions and we can do it without the pencil and paper and come up with an alternative way of keeping record.
Here are the instructions:

How to Play Two Truths and a Lie Game

A good icebreaker <http://www.ehow.com/how_2217198_play-two-truths-lie-game.html#>game can be a quick way for a group of people to get to know each other. The game Two Truths and a Lie is a popular, fun icebreaker game in which everyone can feel comfortable participating. Not only do you learn a little bit about everyone, Two Truths and a Lie also guarantees a few laughs.

Difficulty: Easy
Instructions

Step 1

Provide each person with a slip of paper and pen or pencil. Instruct everyone to write down three statements about themselves. Two of the statements should be true and one of them should be a lie. Allow everyone about 5 minutes to come up with three good statements.
Step 2

Select a person to go first. That person should read aloud her three statements. Then, conduct voting by having the person read her statements again, asking for a show of hands among the group as to which statement they think is a lie.
Step 3

Ask the person to reveal the correct answer. The people who guessed correctly should mark a tally on their sheets for a correct guess.
Step 4

Continue around the room, having each person read his statement and then conducting a vote. Participants should continue marking down each time they make a correct guess.
Step 5

Ask everyone how many correct guesses they had once everyone has read their statements. The person with the most correct guesses at the end has won the game.

Again, we can come up with a clever method for substituting paper and pencil.--
Chela Robles
E-Mail: <mailto:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx