[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter numbers

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:08:01 -0400

Dear Rick,

To make it easy to search chapters in BRF files, I insert the word chapter with a capital C and then the number followed by a colon followed by the name of the chapter if there is one. Bookshare puts this information on one line anyway, so I do it when I'm proofing. The font bolding and enlarging helps with daisy navigation, but not with navigating on a Braille Note in braille mode.

example

Chapter 4: Storm Clouds

bolded and enlarged to 16 in Arial.

As for the footnotes, your method sounds good. To streamline it a little I'd signal the end of the footnote with a right bracket, making "End of footnote unnecessary. Like this:

[Footnote 7 Like his characters, Dickens had difficulty managing his personal finances, Baker, Life of Dickens]

I didn't write the manual. This is just how I do it.

Always with love,

Lissi
----- Original Message ----- From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>