[bksvol-discuss] chapter headings with only numbers

  • From: "Doug Maples" <wdmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 00:10:24 -0500

I just finished proofreading a book where each chapter simply begins with
the number of the chapter, but that is no chapter title.

I know that this topic has come up several times before and I'm not sure
where the discussion ended up. There were some people who said you could put
the word Chapter before the number, others have said if you did this you put
brackets around the word Chapter. And then other people still say we should
not add anything.

The single number makes it more difficult to easily spot new chapters if you
are not using DAISY navigation.

Thanks,
-- Doug