[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings and blank lines

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 13:03:33 -0400

Bud,

On the Short Stories I am scanning & validating, the Title Pages do not have
page numbers on the top but at the bottom, separated from the bottom of the
text by a blank line.  Even if you have to move your page number for the Title
Page of the short stories, I think it would be excusable and better since the
Title, often in larger print and sometime in Bold print,  is almost always
separated by at least one and often 2, 3 or 4 blank lines of one equal to the
size of the Larger Print of the Title  before returning to the regular size
print of the rest of the text. One way or another you need to distinguish the
first page of the story from that of a chapter but you also need to distinguish
the title of a chapter, where they have titles, from that of a page heading and
again a first page of a chapter has a page number at the bottom of a page.  If
the title does not say "chapter" I do not add it. I hate adding words that are
not part of the text unless absolutely necessary as is sometimes the case with
blank pages where I add "this page is blank" so it does not get eliminated if I
need it for the page count.

I hope that helps rather than just being redundant.

Amy
omsm