[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings???

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 19:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

I've been putting the chapter titles two or
three--maybe 4 line spaces down, and then another 2
space before the text begins. Also, I put it in a
different font, perhaps bold or ital or all caps or
alarger font, depending on what it is in the book. And
I've been centering it rather than putting it flush
left, if that's where it is in the book.

I don't know if this has worked or not. Some I've done
recently are  Cloud Atlas, First Knight,  Strong
Poison, The Giver, The Messenger, in case you want to
check. I'd be interested in knowing the chapter titles
are there. If so, then I'm going to assume that the
scanner or validator just isn't putting them in. I
eliminate headers manually or with a replace with
nothing; that doesn't affect the chapter titles.

Cindy

-- Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Donna,
>
> Welcome back. I wholeheartedly agree about the lack
> of chapter
> headings and have expressed strong feelings about it
> on several
> occasions. So far we've heard that the header
> stripper will be
> discussed and possibly dropped, but haven't heard
> any more about it.
> When I validate and submit books, I have taken the
> advice of others on
> the list and put a page number or the title of the
> book above each
> chapter heading, hoping that it will strip that and
> leave the chapter
> headings alone. From what I've seen, sometimes it
> works, and sometimes
> it doesn't.
>
> With the books passing through so many hands and
> equipment before
> being placed on the site, I think unfortunately it
> becomes a situation
> of too many cooks spoiling the broth. Not to sound
> ungrateful for
> having access to the books, I am extremely thrilled
> at that. But like
> you, I appreciate knowing where one chapter ends and
> another begins.
>
> Pam

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/