[bksvol-discuss] Re: changing section breaks to page breaks?

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:14:58 -0800 (PST)

No no no, your page breaks are fine.  They're wonderful.  They're still in the
file at Step 2 and all the following steps too.  The problem is with the
FineReader at the Bookshare office.  After the book is OCRed, there are section
breaks instead of page breaks in the file, so when it's submitted (step 1),
people with Kurzweil (but not Word or OpenBook) have problems seeing the
section breaks.  I'm guessing that the books you've downloaded have been from
volunteers and not from the office.  You're fine.  Your books are fine.  Life
is wonderful, and Valentine's Day is drawing to a close. Hope everyone had a
sparkling, effervescent, and joyous holiday!

Carrie

siss52 <siss52@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Carrie,

I get page breaks in books I download.  Do you mean that when they are uploaded
on Step 2 they have lost their page breaks?  I want to know because I spend a
great deal of time on them.

Thanks,

Sue

----- Original Message ----- From: Carrie Karnos