[bksvol-discuss] Re: categories

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 04:13:34 -0800

Hi, Jamie, I think the problem may be with the titles of non-fiction
books. Oftentimes they are as dry as dust. We look at the title and
think to ourselves: "Now that sounds like a dreadfully boring book. I
wouldn't read that if I can help it unless it's required for some class
or other." It isn't that I'm demanding the sort of title smacking of
hyperbole, but it would be nice if the titles sounded interesting enough
so it would give me the idea the interior of the book was really
interesting. Regards, Kim Friedman.