[bksvol-discuss] Re: categories

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 19:07:12 -0700

I agree they should be separated bu would it help if you selected 2
categories, science and then fiction? Not perfect, but I think (I don't
think there's a category for historical fiction, is there? I think in the
past I might have checked the 2 separately, i.e., history and fiction, and
in the summary, or a review, explained
Cindy

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Roger Loran Bailey <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's what I keep saying. If you take any two genres, or even multiple
genres, you can find books that straddle the line, but if there is any
meaning to the word genre at all then there must be differences between
them and science fiction and fantasy are the two most unrelated genres of
all. I clearly remember that we were told that when the new category
structure would be implemented science fiction and fantasy would be split.
Yet, the new category structure has now been implemented and science
fiction and fantasy are still lumped together. I really hate to categorize
a science fiction book as fantasy, but if I am to categorize it as science
fiction I have to. That grates on my nerves, to say the least.

On 7/6/2015 6:53 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:

Hi all,

I just sent up a book for approval, after proofing. I happened to notice
the new categories. We still have Science Fiction and Fantasy as one
category. they aren't! Granted, there are some books that straddle the
line between the two, but to put Isaac Asimov in the same bin with J.R.R.
Tolkien is a bit much. Any way to make a separation between these two?

Ann P.

put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line. To get a list