[bksvol-discuss] Re: can I get a book back from the approval queue

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Shannon,

Just send an email to Gustavo, and he can fix the author's name pronto, or he
can release it back to the download list if you'd prefer to fix it yourself.

HTH, Carrie

"Shannon A. Reece" <shazza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everybody:
I saw a book back on the Step 1 page (the Genetics Source Code Book) that I
had accepted because the authors needed to be verified. While the editor's
name in question appears on the title page, I cannot confirm through loc.gov
that he's actually an editor so I got the book back, rechecked it and sent
it back for approval with the editor in question's name removed from the
form on the accept page. I got an error for some reason and finally the
book was accepted but when I got the message from the web site back thanking
me, etc., the editor in question's name is still listed even though I did
remove it. Is there any way someone can release it and I'll get it back for
the 2 minutes it'll take to fix the author form on the site? Or would there
be any way to remove the incorrect editor without releasing it back? I can
provide the questionable name if necessary. I am seriously upset at myself
for doing this wrong!
Shannon

Yahoo! for Good