[bksvol-discuss] Re: can I

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:13:03 -0700

Gail, if the fan quit, then all u need to do is buy another fan,
unless, of course, it fried the hard drive. U should take it out of
your computer & try  it either in another machine or w/an external
USB/FireWire enclosure to see if in fact it works. Fans aren't all
that expensive. &, especially if it's a CPU fan, the machine often
will not run cuz the processor's too hot, but that doesn't mean your
hard drive's shot. I just bought a CPU fan for $25. It is, as u say, a
lot cheaper than a new frickin hard drive.

U can run a jaws demo from another drive. You'll need to choose custom
install though cuz it'll wanna put it on the boot drive. U should also
choose a compact install of your xp, which eliminates a lot of the
unnecessary garbage it installs, thereby saving a great deal of disk
space.

On 6/23/08, gail johnson <mama-gail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> My big computer crashed.  This means for the moment I am running a
> small drive which will hold only XP.  It will be a few weeks before I
> can afford a bigger hard drive.  The fan in the big Dell computer
> crashed.  It says the fan quit.
>
> Anyway, is it possible to run a demo jaws or Kurzweil 11 from another
> hard drive?  If not, I only can do books   in wordpad.
>
> I'm grateful something works.
>
> --
> HU!
>
> Sharing a story or helping someone opens my heart to God's love.

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net