[bksvol-discuss] calling validator of "Standing for Something" by Gordon Bitner Hinkley

  • From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:37:46 -0400

I would like to speak with the validator of this book. It might not be a bad idea for the admins to be alerted to this book too.

This book was placed in the collection as a category good book. Ok, so be it. However, it has a number of mistakes in scanning that would have been very easy to clean up. It also has a problem in the html format when downloaded and opened. The html appears to have been generated from a file that had no page breaks at all so the book appears as 1 great big gigantic humungous paragraph. It is all strung together with no paragraph boundaries with page numbers and page headers scattered throughout it.

I am sorry but I find it rather disappointing to find this kind of thing being placed in the collection. It certainly would be dificult for someone to use as reference material.

Now, since I have been the one to complain I will probably take on the task of doing a BSO of this book. That is unless someone else chooses to do so first. If I do it it will take a significant amount of time. I already have 5 good sized books of Anne Perry's I am working on to submit and I am validating a very very large book too.

Ok, off my hobby horse.