[bksvol-discuss] bullets: was Conventions

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:05:47 -0500

On the braille note a bullet can be inserted by pressing space with O to
enter the options menu, then press I.  Choose unicode character and type the
word bullet and press enter.  An invisible character will be entered, but if
you put your cursor on it it will display that $ ch character simble and say
it is a bullet.

Paula, I have a couple suggestions for you for making a square bullet, but I
don't know if they are really good suggestions because I don't know how the
bookshare conversion tool will handle them.  I have no idea what you would
do if you want to make such a thing on the braille note, but in word you
could press shift-f10 and arrow down to bullets and numbers and press enter.
You will probably be on a button that says none, if you are, press
down-arrow once and press enter.  You won't here anything spoken, but that
is the empty square bullet.  Entering ascii character 127 by pressing and
holding alt while typing 127 on the num-pad with num-lock enabled will give
you a square character, but it isn't a bullet and may have no meaning at
all, so who knows what would happen in braile.  If you use the real bullet
your screen reader will tell you there is a bullet.
Hope these suggestions help.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity