[bksvol-discuss] bugged

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 23:09:49 -0700

Hi, I downloaded a cookbook from Bookshare which is rated as being of
publisher quality (I shall name names). The book is The Girl and the Fig
Cookbook by Sondra Bernstein. I tried to fill out the Quality improvement
form (or whatever it's called) to report that a recipe was partially in the
file (namely title, headnote and the first ingredient of it. Subsequent
ingredients and baking instructions were not there because right after the
first ingredient, there is a whole new section called "a word on wine".
Sometimes words are run together in the file that should have been
separated. (The recipe in question is for a Brown Butter Almond Cake with
Berries). I'm really bugged because I should think the manuscript or file
shouldn't be missing material that ought to be there. I wish publishers were
deranged perfectionists, but in this case, this one wasn't. I'm done with
the kvetching for now. I downloaded this in Brf format. I'm wondering if the
one for Daisy format is missing the same stuff as my copy. Regards, Kim
Friedman who isn't amused.

database 5377 (20100818) __________

http://www.eset.com