[bksvol-discuss] Re: brf files

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:26:26 -0500

Hi Sue,

I'm not sure what you're asking, but brf files get validated and resubmitted as brf.
It's okay to accept a duplicate title if the only copy already on Bookshare is created by Bookshare's braille translation software, in other words, it appears on the same download page as a daisy link, but if there is only a brf copy in the library, than the new one should be better. Unfortunately, when submitted as brf, the only download available once it hits the library is brf, no daisy gets created from the brf.

Dave

At 12:23 PM 2/19/2005, you wrote:

Did we ever get a ruling on what to do with brf files?  There are some on
Step 1.  We talked about it but I sent one to Rui and it is back on the
download page.

Sue S.