[bksvol-discuss] braille survey

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:58:53 -0700

It was suggested that I answer this question on the list so anyone interested
would know how to respond. The web site that I referred to previously
www.brailleauthority.org contains a wealth of information including contact
information for the chairman, Kim Charlson, and also the heads of committees.
From this site you can download samples of the proposed changes; hard copy
samples were also made available at the end of which was a survey. I didn't
happen to see a reference to where these hard copy samples could be obtained
but it may be there. However, I'm sure Kim Charlson will tell you if you ask
her. If I remember correctly  the samples were produced by the National Braille
Press; this was at least two years ago. If and when I can find out where hard
copy samples can be obtained I will post it on the list. For anyone wanting to
become a member of the Braille Revival League (BRL), you become a member of the
American Council of the Blind and then join this special interest
 group; I
ues are currently $12. If you are not a member of a national organization but
want to make your voice heard, I urge you to become acquainted with the BANA
web site. It is a very easy one to navigate. I hope these answers have been
helpful and would be happy to answer any other questions. Jill