[bksvol-discuss] Re: braille code help anyone? Mickey?

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:49:42 -0700

Also, I forgot to mention that when editing say an rtf file on a Braille display, putting a dot four in front of a letter is probably not going to create an acute letter in the rtf file. I could be wrong about this, but you probably have to put in some keyboard combination, either on the Braille display itself, if it is something like a Braille Lite or a Pac Mate, or a keyboard combination on a regular computer keyboard that corresponds to the ASCII (ANSI?) code for the correct symbol. When I hit dot four on my Pac Mate, it says 'grave', pronounced 'grov', so maybe putting that in front of a letter will put in the appropriate symbol in the rtf file. But others such as dieresis, and circumflex, among others require keyboard combos.

Of course, if it were a brf file, and you put a dot four in front of a letter, then back-translated it, I imagine that would work; but that's not the most likely scenario for editing books on Bookshare. Still, a list of these Braille codes would be handy, as well as one for making them on a regular desktop keyboard. I suppose they are alt-number type things?

Is there anything else you'll can do for me?  <grin>  Stay tuned.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>