[bksvol-discuss] braille

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 08:57:42 -0400

Kim, Ann is correct in pointing out that if you have the newer mpower you do not have to rename the file. You can read a .xml file in internet Explorer. By the way, so good to hear one braille reader encouraging somebody relatively new to braille.

I love and have always loved good audio. I use all kinds of speech every day.
My parents would let me listen to Talking Books after I had studied my braille when I was six seven or eight.
Because they insisted, I became a good braille reader.
I know things may be different for somebody who comes to braille later in life. I also know encouraging somebody on that learning curve may make a difference for that person. The more you use braille the easier it becomes to use. It's like exercising. Encouraging each other is always good. (smile) E.