[bksvol-discuss] Re: bottlenecks in submitting and validating

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:45:00 -0400

For one thing, if a submitter really wants to know what is going on, he or she needs to be on the list in some form so at least he or she can ask about the book and get info unofficially about it the way we all talk about books. If you do not want to read the list, get digest format and delete it. I am being realistic here. If you want info at this point, you have to go where there is a possibility of getting it even if unofficially. Beyond that, if you do not want to join the list and do not want to put your email on your submissions I have no idea how you find out about things. I just know that some books of poor quality get flamed. I personally validate rather than submit but if I did submit I would only put my email on books with good stats.

I admit to wanting to occasionally harshly criticize a submitter.