[bksvol-discuss] Re: boot camp for christians

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 08:40:00 -0500

Hey Tracy,
    Gustavo has kicked the book back to the validation page with requests
for verification of copyright four times now. This does seem to suggest that
the information needs to be verifiable somewhere else.
    For instance, I actually validated something (surprise!) a while back
and had it sent back to the validation page for copyright verification. I
was unable to find the information on the Library of Congress website, but I
did find a sample chapter of the book on the publisher's website. That page
also had the same copyright information as the book and so I reuploaded the
book referencing the site and Gustavo approved it.
    On the other hand, I validated a book a while back and Gustavo sent that
one back too (notice a pattern, I must be jinxed), but I never did find the
necessary info and so I allowed the book to make it's way back to step one.
Quite a shame too, the scan was excellent, but I had read it and made a few
corrections.

    Since we generally scan books and we know the problems OCR can have, it
might be a BookShare policy to have a second place to make sure copyright
info is correct. I for one am glad that BookShare is actively attempting to
make sure it follows the law...after all we all want it to stick around
*grin*

HTH,
Jake