[bksvol-discuss] Re: [bookshare-discuss] Re: Banned Books Week

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 18:37:47 -0400

Hi all,

Hmmmmm, and they complain about the prevalence of children born out of wedlock? Well, if teens don't know that certain body parts exist and what their functions are, then how l'deuce are they going to make decisions about safe sex? Now, I'm not advocating fornication for its own sake, but for kids who are tempted, the surest defense is knowledge, the intellectual kind.

Karen, yes, you can have adults who are stilted because of the lack of education while growing up. Man, Snow White, living with seven men out of wedlock??? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!! The implication from the tale is that humans don't consort with dwarves, and they were using her as a housekeeper, not for anything else. As one of my friends would say, "Lord love a duck!"

<chuckling> Didn't want the kids to know they could congregate in groups legally, eh? Didn't want them to know they have the legal right to petition the local and federal legislature, eh? Well, fine, they want a repressive regeme, more power to 'em, but it'll backfire, sure as I'm writing this message.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring