[bksvol-discuss] Re: [bookshare-discuss] Children's required reading

  • From: "Allison" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:07:42 -0700

I'm not a parent, but I have children's book requests.  I think it would be
fun to get some celebrity-written children's books up on Bookshare.  They're
popular things that both kids and adults would like to read I think.  I'd
scan them myself, but they all have pictures, and I'm not sure how to scan
books with pictures in them.  I would be happy to buy and mail any of the
books one would like to scan.  This is a project I've wanted to take on for
some time now, but haven't because of my lack of experience with scanning
picture books.  I'll paste a couple of suggestions below.

1. Chico: A True Story from the Childhood of the First Woman Supreme Court
Justice, Sandra Day O'Connor, Dan Andreasen (Illustrator).
2. Sheetzucacapoopoo: My Kind of Dog, Joy Behar, Gene Barretta
(Illustrator).
3. High in the Clouds, Paul McCartney, Philip Ardagh, Geoff Dunbar.
4. Queen of the Scene, Queen Latifah, Frank Morrison (Illustrator)
5. Whoopi's Big Book of Manners, Whoopi Goldberg, Olo (Illustrator.
6. Girls Hold Up This World, Jada Pinkett Smith, Donyell Kennedy-Mccullough
(Illustrator).
7. I'm Gonna Like Me: Letting Off a Little Self-Esteem, Jamie Lee Curtis,
Laura Cornell (Illustrator).
8. Dad, are you the Tooth Fairy?, Jason Alexander.
9. The day I saw my father cry, Bill Cosby.
10. I already know I love you, Billy Crystal.
11. Brand new kid, Katie Couric.
12. And the winner is, L.L. Cool J.
13. Robot Santa: the further adventures of Santa's Twin, Dean Koontz.
14. What's heaven?, Maria Shriver.
15. If roast beef could fly, Jay Leno.

Let me know if you're interested in scanning any of these.
Allison