[bksvol-discuss] Re: bookshare is sharing among disabled people so what can you expect?

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <darrell.shandrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:21:54 -0700

Hello,

We all need to keep in mind that Bookshare is not an institutional agency
producing alternative format books like NLS or RFBD.  All the same, I also
strongly disagree with anything approaching the concept that we should just
be grateful for whatever we do get because of our disability.

I feel all pages of a book should be scanned.  During the validation
process, non-core content should be *excluded* only if it would be hopeless
to correctly format it in anything approaching a "reasonable" amount of
time.