[bksvol-discuss] Re: bookshare and web braille

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:20:08 -0800

I have been using Web Braille for at least two years and have never downloaded
a book that turned out to be something else. And even an "excellent quality"
Bookshare book is never as good as a Web Braille book in my opinion. I do think
that catalog cross referencing would be helpful, however. Jill
    From: Allison Mervis
    Subject: [bksvol-discuss] bookshare and web braille

    Hi everyone!
    I am not sure if this question has been previously asked, but why can't
some agreement be reached between bookshare and NLS so that bookshare users can
directly or remotely download web Braille books? Think of how this would
increase the size of the collection! There have been many incidences where I
could not find a book on bookshare but found it on web Braille. An example of
this is The Duchess by Bertrice Small. Let me know your thoughts.
    Allison