[bksvol-discuss] Re: bookshare and web braille

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:47:13 -0600

Thanks so much for writing that message Shelley.  I really didn't feel like
writing such a message myself.

Downloading web braille books can be mildly annoying, but it isn't torture
or anything, and in case no one has discovered it, a lot of programs have
append features that would allow you to make those web braille volumes in to
one big file.  The NLS site has a way better search than bookshare besides.
I wish bookshare's collection could be searched from NLS as the RFB&D
catalogue can be.  Maybe it wouldn't help though, because the search might
not have the info it needed to do a good job with bookshare books.

If anyone needs some suggestions for making the web braille experience
better, write me off list, and maybe I can help.

Both bookshare and web braille have their advantages.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/