[bksvol-discuss] Re: bookshare and copyright laws

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:08:19 -0400

Because RFB and D gets permission from publishers, and had an exemption from
the copyright law long before we did.

The particular exemption we use states "In the United States"  and is why
Bookshare can't do it outside the U.S.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council