[bksvol-discuss] Re: bookshare acceptance policy

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 07:34:44 -0400

I agree wholeheartedly with the below message. The fact is, validators have been slow to reject books with repeat line truncations. There is an emotional component to rejecting a book as a blind validator with which I fully sympathize. There is also a bias against outright refusing to accept work. Some scanner put time into scanning the books I rejected. If she had done the job well we all would have commended her. I am always sorry to reject a book.

E.

  At 07:05 AM 8/6/2007, you wrote:
Seems to me that one could download a book and discover pretty quickly
that this was a problem. The book I rejected I didn't take very long
to determine that it was a problem and rejected it.

Cindy Lou