[bksvol-discuss] Re: books.google.com

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:51:06 -0500

Evan,

Well I just learned something!
I use K1000 and was getting better results on these particular paperbacks
with the scansoft engine. I have it set to recognize Gaelic but Irish is not
in the list. I just looked in the list of languages that the finereader will
recognize and Irish is there. So I will have to experiment using finereader
instead of scansoft.

The scansoft engine usually recognizes most of the accented characters
correctly, but I do have to fix a fair few.

Thanks for the tip!
Deborah