[bksvol-discuss] Re: books-being-scanned list updated 8/30/09

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:23:25 -0500

Cindy, leave "A" and "The" as the first words in the titles. It's "bad" librarian cataloging, but it's better to do it exactly as the title appears for a whole slew of reasons regarding how Word and other programs do searches, and how people search for titles in this list.

Judy s.

Mayrie ReNae wrote:
HI Cindy,
Just let those be the first word. I think that's what Word wants to do, and it will save you a ton of work not to have to change what Word does. Mayrie Question. When I add entries, shall I include "A" and "The" when I insert them into the list alphabetically or skip those and go to the next word? The list seems to be alphabetized with those words being the firs word of the title, though not in every case.