[bksvol-discuss] Re: books-being-scanned list

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:31:28 EDT

We have been told to delete page headers and I take that as meaning that
they all should be deleted whether they are chapter titles or not. On the
other hand, though, as a reader, I do not necessarily always want that. For
example, I am currently reading a book of short stories and the left headers,
that is, the headers on the even numbered pages have not been removed. Those
headers consist of the title of the current story. I prefer that they are
there. When reading that kind of book just a moment's inattentiveness at the
wrong time and you are on another story without having noticed it and you find
yourself asking what in blue blazes happened. Those left hand headers do
help to keep track.

                                                          "I find
capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it
causes war, hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

It went up today.
    I have a question regarding headers.  In a lot of non-fiction
books, the chapter titles (and sometime sub-chatper titles) are prined
on the left-hand page.  Should all of these be deleted?  I am about to
start scanning "Audition" by Barbara Walters; the book is over 800 pages

in length.
    Also, books published by Oxford University Press have headers
which are centered on the right-hand side of the page; this means
irregular spacing, which is not consistent from page-to-page because of
the software.  What do we do about this?
            RKP

Make your summer sizzle with fast and easy recipes for the
grill. (http://food.aol.com/grilling?ncid=emlcntusfood00000004)