[bksvol-discuss] Re: books with less than excellent ratings

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:33:00 -0700

I'm not sanguine about deleting books just because they are in the Fair
category.  If they're in that category, then people will probably  know what
they are in for, and some may still get benefit from them.  Also, certainly
some people have a higher tolerance for quality problems than others.  If it is
a good Fair book, I may still tackle it; although if it is bad enough I may do
a rescan.  I am actually planning one in that category for the near future.
(I'm waiting for my K1000 demo disc before I start.)  But others without
scanners may have a choice between reading something of lesser quality or not
reading it at all.  Why take that away from them if it is not necessary?

Unless it is costing money to keep them, I don't see why they shouldn't be kept.