[bksvol-discuss] Re: books with less than excellent ratings

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:25:47 -0400

Did you upgrade the rating of a book with an explanation that the lower rating was due to dialect, foreign language, or proper names. Did you mention the existance of these things in the note you left to the validator? If you did, then it is up to the validator to make sure the book retains the higher rating you assigned it instead of a less than excellent rating. Here is a sample of how communicating between submitter and validator can give a book the rating it ought to have.

E.
At 08:20 PM 9/21/2007, you wrote:
I've submitted several books that have truly been excellent as in read word for word and edited as I went that got "good" ratings instead of "excellent" because of dialect and accents in the dialogue. Makes me kinda mad. The books by Maddy Hunter come immediately to mind.

Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey

Currently Reading:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile."
~Herm Albright,, writer
----