[bksvol-discuss] Re: books with less than excellent ratings

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:29:21 -0700

I really like that idea!
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:35 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] books with less than excellent ratings

You may notice I notice that books with less than excellent ratings are listed sometimes as coming from "a bookshare volunteer".

I respect the volunteer's need to remain anonymous though I frankly fail to quite understand the need. But i am sure I do need things others do not understand. What about giving each "bookshare volunteer" a number. So there might be "bv1" "bv75" and so on. Then feedback can be addressed to say, bv65. Or I might realize that I like the books bv115 scans. I Might decide the books bv110 scans have the same kind of scanos time after time. I can then decide if I want to validate the scans of a particular bookshare volunteer. We validators have favorite submitters. We often work in pairs (a submitter and a validator) to make a book come out beautifully.

E.