[bksvol-discuss] Re: books with die ought to die

  • From: "Jamie Yates" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:47:17 -0400

My first book I ever validated, I spent tons of time fixing diese and diose
which should have been these and those.

Now that I have been scanning books for a year or so I can tell which books
are going to change that th into di because they'll have print that is faint
on that right half cross on the t or v where the cross on the t is an
upwards slant instead of straight across or some other weird thing so that
the lower hook of the t somehow gets merged with the tall line of the h,
making it look like a d and then the hump of the h gets interpreted as an i.

Books like that make me want to pull my hair out and then just send it back
to the library instead of spending lots of time scanning it properly.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently camping 9-1-07 without internet access
Currently reading - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling