[bksvol-discuss] Re: books which linger on download list

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:44:38 -0400

Roger, unless you're releasing a book because it just doesn't interest
you, please consider rejection as an option if the quality is poor. If
it's so garbled that you can't validate it, we can't fix it either.
With few exceptions, releasing a book with serious issues just leaves
it for the next volunteer to deal with until someone finally rejects
it. This is a practice that wastes so much of our time. It's like
taking a jug of milk from the fridge, finding out it's sour, and
putting it back in the fridge for your spouse to find instead of
pouring the sour milk down the sink. Unless a validater has access to
a book to rescan pages, books of very poor quality really should be
rejected rather than released. Of course, if you have contact with the
submitter, he or she can replace pages for you. But then you wouldn't
need to release the book in the first place. (grin)

--
Monica Willyard