[bksvol-discuss] books that were requested to be rescanned

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:23:16 -0700 (PDT)

I was waiting until I finished reading all my mail to
write.

What Kelby mentions here is what I was going to
suggest might be the problem. A book may look
perfect--no obvious scannos, broken lines, missing
pages, etc., and may have a 99 percent K1000 rating,
but if one actually reads it, it may have a lot of
scanning errors that didn't show up, like Kelby's
example of chaff for Charis, and scannos that I've
come across in books recently like lie for he. I can't
offhand remember others, but there were plenty of them
that I had to replace by hitting replace and going to
each one rather than hitting replace all for fear of
changing a word that was being used correctly. That
would make reading a book unenjoyable and would cause
a reader to suggest rescanning, imo

Cindy