[bksvol-discuss] Re: books that could use a rescan

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:57:39 -0500

I would like to add two books to this list. Both of these can be found at almost any public library, so they'd be an easy project for someone to do. The first is Crooked House by Agatha Christie. The other title is The Labors of Hercules by Agatha Christie. Both of these books have messy scans, but they also had seemingly inattentive validaters as well. To be fair, Labors Of Hercules was an early submission to Bookshare, and scanning technology was less accurate back then. Still, Braille readers probably have fits reading these two books. The Labors Of Hercules is a classic mystery favorite, and I'm sure readers feel sort of let down when they have to work around so many obvious scannos.

Monica Willyard