[bksvol-discuss] Re: books on esoteric or small audience subjects

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 02:42:54 -0500

Some of us validators have been harshly dealt with by others when we reject books. One problem is some of the same submitters submit poor scans time after time after time. I understand scanning can be difficult. I also understand validating can be difficult.

Some of us have tried very hard to fix up nonfiction books which conceivably will be useful to a student or researcher only to have some of the same submitters submit books with the same kinds of errors.

The kinds of erros ai am talking about include
1. lines cut off at the margins from not pressing down on the book.
2. pages missing from a book
3. scanos which could be corrected with work on scanner settings resulting in die for the and so on and so on.

Everybody can run into a book which is difficult to scan. When the same submitter submits good scan after good scan one begins to wonder.

For instance, I wonder what is going on with fiction books listed as "good" which seem to be cropping up in increasing numbers on step 1.

E.