[bksvol-discuss] Re: books of less than excellent quality

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:31:38 -0700

Isn't the problem here that the book meets the bookshare equipment's
definition of a fair book?Of course this equipment wouldn't know if words
were missing at the beginning or end of lines. However, the validator should
know this and since he/she doesn't reject the book, it would show up on the
fair list. This is why I think it is so important to want to read the book
you are validating and make the corrections to hopefully turn it into an
excellent book.  And if a lot of books get left on the validation list,
maybe that tells us that very few people would read them if they were in the
catalog. Just my opinion, and I hope I am finally back on the list thanks to
Gerald. Jill