[bksvol-discuss] Re: books for Gwen

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 00:37:36 -0700 (PDT)

When I went to add Alcott to the authors' section I found a whole bunch h of
Katherine Applegate books that have been on the Wish List for a while.

If you do a find for a favorite author's name you'll find that author either in
the author section or in the individual title section. (I think books by
Gingrich have been on the list for a awhile.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009,
          9:57 AM

          That is true about many Dickens books
          being too sad. I certainly don't like all of them. My favorites are
          Tale of Two Cities, Nicholas Nickleby, and David
          Copperfield.
          Other childrens books I enjoyed reading
          while growing up were Little Women, The Little House on the Prairie
          series, and Anne of Green Gables. There are so many wonderful books
          out there to read and unfortunately, I don't have time to read them
          all. :)

          Chanelle

            -----
Date: Tuesday,
                    September 8, 2009, 6:47 PM

                    Dear Gwen,
                    Some historical fiction,
                    biographies, or classic authors like Jane Austen and
Charles
                    Dickens are fine too. I don't like books with explicit
                    descriptions of sex either. I do like romance but not as
the
                    central plot or theme of a book. It is a matter of personal
                    preference and what you can tolerate. If I think a book is
                    worth reading, I will fast forward or skip past parts that
                    make me uncomfortable. If you enjoy reading other genres
and
                    subjectss, you shouldn't need to limit yourself to
                    childrens' and religious books. I am not criticizing those
                    at all since I have read many good books in those subjects;
                    however, Bookshare has a vast collection that is constantly
                    updating so there should be something to absorb your
                    interest and reading pleasure. I hope that I have not
                    offended you in any way.

                    Chanelle

                      -----
                      [bksvol-discuss] Re: I have a question please and thank
                      you..

                      So for me I'll stick in the
                      religion and spirituality or children's and I should be
                      relatively fine thanks.

                        -----