[bksvol-discuss] books being scanned list--email?

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:12:53 -0800 (PST)

Yes, Sue--sadly not all scanners are on this list.
Lisa said that the engineers are working on some kind
of direct-to-volunteers missive and maybe such a list
as this, or where to find it, and the Wish List will
be in it.

What happened the other day is that someone, I think
perhaps Linda, was about to submit two books which she
had said she was scanning, and it was so indicated on
the wish list, but then discovered they were already
in the collection. People do post here that they're
scanning a book but that's a one-time post and if
someone doesn't see it or forgets...I thought maybe a
list that people could check would be useful to avoid
duplications, even though there are limited people to
see it. Lisa suggested I contact Claire and see if
there's some way a link could be put on the volunteer
page. I do hate to clutter up the email list, and
would send it as an attachment if I thought that would
work. Better still, if I had a list of people who
scan, I could email them the list, but I don't think,
for privacy issues, bookshare would give the names and
email addresses to me.

Are there scanning people here who would like to have
such a list emailed when there are additions or
deletions? If so, that can be easily arranges.

G.Cindy