[bksvol-discuss] books and their extensions!

  • From: "Reggie & Lonnie" <regandlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:48:45 -0400

I agree with Mary.  To nuke a book because of no or only a short synopsis would
be very bad.  However, I am more concerned that people will not change the
books into TXT or RTF and if using the BN using duxbury instead of making it
into a BKS/BRF file.

I also believe that no "fair" book should be placed on the site.  It is
impossible to fix them.  Sometimes it is hard to fix a "good" book too,, but at
least most of it is there.

I would also like to see gvalidation of books give the validator at least a
dollar.  If we are going to try for quality, validation can be tedious and take
a long time, especially the "good" and "fair."  If a dollar a validation cannot
be done, then if a book was registered as "fair" and someone takes the time to
validate it, maybe this could be used as the criterion.  I know in my case that
I will avoid "fair" books if I can get an excellent or "good" quality book.
Need some incentive to really put heart and soul into it as I don't have much
time to work on the books each day.

These are things I would like Bookshare to address rather than the synopsis.
Just my opinion, and I love Bookshare and though these things are annoying they
won't stop me from working to the best of my ability to clean up at least, to
some degree, the "good" books.

Reggie and Lonnie, Guide