[bksvol-discuss] Re: bookbooks

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:02:56 -0500

Jamie, I really appreciate the care and time you put into working on
cookbooks for us. This is an area where access has been so limited for ages.
I feel like a kid at Christmas when I see a cookbook on the new books page.
I make a point to fix a dish from that book within the first week after I
download it. I have several cookbooks with bookmarks in them for our
favorite recipes. Daisy books support bookmarking, so I can just flip
through my recipes almost as fast as my sighted mom does.

Cindy, Judy,  and Barbara have helped with proofreading some of our
cookbooks, and I'm grateful to them as well. They help us make sure the
fractions show up in Braille and that the text is easy to understand with
speech as well. I feel blessed to have such dedicated volunteers on our
team. (smile)

Monica Willyard