[bksvol-discuss] book without copyright information

  • From: "Christine Parsons" <christine-parsons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 01:31:27 -0600

Hi all,

I just downloaded Traveling Blind: Lessons on Life from Unlikely Teachers by
Laura Fogg for validation. The file does not appear to contain any copyright or
publication information either at the beginning or end of the text. The
volunteer manual says that this is grounds for rejection unless either the
validator or someone else can obtain a copy of the book and scan the missing
page(s). From what I can tell, the scan is very clean, and there do not appear
to be any other pages missing (although it's difficult to tell without reading
the whole book because the file does not contain page numbers either), so I
didn't want to immediately reject it if there was a better way. I don't think I
will be able to obtain a copy of the book, so if someone wants to get the print
copy, scan the missing pages, and do the validation, I can go ahead and release
the book back to step 1. What should I do? Thanks.

Christine