[bksvol-discuss] Re: book validation procedures

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 15:26:31 -0600

Hi John,

Welcome to the volunteer community. As Monica mentioned my site attempts to
give some helpful hints and tips. The official BookShare validation
instructions are at:

http://www.jbrownell.com/bks/validins.asp

But be warned that they are somewhat out of date and only a general guideline.
The item they do not mention is that all books submitted to BookShare must have
page breaks--something that most books fortunately have.

You may also wish to check out the Tips section, in particular the tip about
Guidelines for Submission Fields. This tip explains how the forms on the site
should be filled out. If done incorrectly the book will have to be validated
again, either by you or someone else. Obviously we'd prefer the original
validator do it again so as not to have someone else duplicate the work already
done.

The guidelines tip can be found at:

http://jbrownell.com/bks/tip.asp?id=11

Let the list know what questions you still have after browsing this material.

HTH,
Jake