[bksvol-discuss] book submitted we wish to inform you

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:13:32 -0400

I just submitted We Wish to Inform you that Tomorrow We will be Killed with Our
Families: Stories of Rwanda, by Philip Gourevitch.
In 1994, over eight hundred thousand  people were killed at lightning speed.
The killing was usually done with machete, and was done with great gusto and
glee. What caused this tiny African country to be torn apart?  What caused
villages of people to be slaughtered like animals?What caused pastors to kill
their flocks, mayors to kill their townspeoples, and neighbor to kill neighbor?
   In this book, Philip Gourevitch weaves personal narratives with the history
of this country and its people. The title is particularly striking, as it is
quoted in a letter from a flock to its pastor, begging for him to intercede on
their behalf so they will not die.
Book blog:
John Adams
E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx