[bksvol-discuss] book sale finds

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:37:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I stopped by the Palo Alto library used book sale today, and picked up the
following books.  I couldn't find any books on yoga, zen, Buddhism, martial
arts, trivia, or healing arts - sorry!

Firewind by Bill Pronzini
The Last Days of Horse-shy Halloran by Bill Pronzini
The Sittaford Mystery by Agatha Christie
Reflections on a Gift of Watermelon Pickle compiled by Dunning, Lueders, and
Smith (couldn't resist that wonderful name)
Gerard Manley Hopkins: Poems and Prose by W. H. Gardner
The Last Picture Show by Larry McMurtry
Johann Gutenberg and the Invention of Printing by Brayton Harris
Check List for a Perfect Wedding by Barbara Lee Follett
The Pleasures of Japanese Cooking by Heihachi Tanaka
The Pleasures of Chinese Cooking by Grace Zia Chu
Make It Ahead French Cooking by Paul Mayer
Best International Recipes by Conde Nast
RX for Ailing House Plants by Charles M. Evans
Gardening in the Shade by Harriet K. Morse
Green Angel Tower Parts 1 and 2 by Tad Williams (each of these volumes is 800
pages so I think it's the complete set)
The Compleat Enchanter: The Magical Misadventures of Harold Shea by L. Sprague
De Camp
Wanderings: Chaim Potok's History of the Jews by Chaim Potok
The Baby-Sitter's Club: Jessi and the Superbrat by Ann M. Martin

and 10 Spanish books:
Guia practica y elegante para escoger el nombre de su hijo
Mejor Sola Que Mal Acompanada
Sopas
El verano de los cisnes (hey, we have a Newbery Award winner in Spanish now!)
Cuarenta y tanots .. y (ahora) que?
Imaginacion y fantasia
Como crear u pequeno jardin
Bianca
Murieron como chinos
Orgullo Mexicano

They should be showing up on the download list within a week or two, hopefully.

Carrie

http://mail.yahoo.com